My photo
I love Jesus Christ and devote my life to following Him. I'm madly in love with my husband jon. I'm the mother of the most perfect babies in the world. I'm a Senior Sales Associate at my beloved Anthropologie. I'm a reader, thinker, lover, believer and traveler. I'd trade in the chicago skyline for the pacific coast any day. i love a good vino. i love my books. i'm creative as creativity goes but always wanted to be a painter. i prefer letter writing over emailing. And I always try to be a kinder person.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Looking beyond man





I don't believe we truly understand the righteousness of the Lord.

We get hints of it...glimpses of his GLORY...and it rocks our lives. But I believe those glimpses are just that; a FRACTION of who the Lord is. A detail of his majesty.

I imagine heaven. I imagine the immense JOY of meeting my Maker face to face. I remember the overwhelming, heart-popping-out-of-my-chest moment when my husband asked me to marry him...or when my beautiful children were born...and I think..."THIS IS A FRACTION OF THE LOVE MY SAVIOR HAS FOR ME??" it's mind blowing.

Sometimes I wonder how it will be possible to survive being in the presence of the Lord. How are we capable?

All this to say...we live our lives seeing the Lord through dirty glasses. We dig Him out of muck and search endlessly for Him within a sea of hatred and desolation. How easily we lose Him...how easily He get buried beneath our sinful nature.

Constantly refine yourselves, dear friends. Constantly strip all that's unnecessary so you can experience a glimpse of the GLORY of the LORD. I am so unworthy.

The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times. You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever. On every side the wicked prowl, as vileness is exalted among the children of man. (Psalm 12:6-8 ESV)

For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.
For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?— the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great.
You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip. (Psalm 18:28-36 ESV)

We are unworthy...and still He loves us. I'm in awe. My life for the GLORY of GOD...

No comments: