My photo
I love Jesus Christ and devote my life to following Him. I'm madly in love with my husband jon. I'm the mother of the most perfect babies in the world. I'm a Senior Sales Associate at my beloved Anthropologie. I'm a reader, thinker, lover, believer and traveler. I'd trade in the chicago skyline for the pacific coast any day. i love a good vino. i love my books. i'm creative as creativity goes but always wanted to be a painter. i prefer letter writing over emailing. And I always try to be a kinder person.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camp

For the past two years, I have dedicated my Sunday nights to a group of teenage girls at my church. Every week we discuss life...and Jesus. It's hard work...very hard work...but hard work for the kingdom of God, which never goes un-blessed. I love it. Every single thing about it...and just might be addicted to it for life.

One of the best things about serving in our high school youth group is camp. We have two camps every year: winter camp and summer camp. Winter camp is short, and incredibly fun. I loved every second of my experience there. This past weekend, I had the privilege of going to summer camp for the first time. I have no words to truly describe it...it's was an experience I will hold close to my heart for years to come. God was present and WOKE UP everyone who was there.

I spent the week with amazing leaders, leading even more amazing students. I wish everyone had a glimpse into what it's like to do life with these kids in this setting...what it's like to worship with them, listen to their hearts, love them. It would blow you away.

The only unfortunate part of camp is leaving...and the yearning you have to reunite with all these people when you come home. God works...and when God works, he leaves an imprint on your heart that is impossible to erase. These moments of life are simple reminders of how God refines us, molds us and heals us. HSM Summer Camp 2011 was definitely one of the best moments of 2011 :-)



Our youth pastor Luke MacDonald...the guy has a serious gift. One of the best pastors I've ever had.


Me and some of my girls. Love them and their hearts!


Me and just two of the amazing leaders I have the privilege to serve with every week. Love these dear friends!

No comments: