My photo
I love Jesus Christ and devote my life to following Him. I'm madly in love with my husband jon. I'm the mother of the most perfect babies in the world. I'm a Senior Sales Associate at my beloved Anthropologie. I'm a reader, thinker, lover, believer and traveler. I'd trade in the chicago skyline for the pacific coast any day. i love a good vino. i love my books. i'm creative as creativity goes but always wanted to be a painter. i prefer letter writing over emailing. And I always try to be a kinder person.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh Fall...I've missed you.

I love summer. 
I love wearing dresses and flip flops, having that sunkissed glow, going to the pool, enjoying the outside on a beautiful warm day. I love the way the world relaxes despite all the happenings around it. 
But the truth is that by August, I've had my fill. Once the kids go back to school, I'm ready for something new. Living in the midwest my entire life, I believe my clock is set to the seasons. I can't truly restart until there is a shift of winds. 

Fall has my heart :) 

I've become increasingly revived since Fall hit the midwest...
I want to decorate. I want to sit outside in my coziest sweater with a good book and a cup of coffee. I want to walk down the sidewalk in my boots and hear the leaves crunch under them. I want to smell the cold. I want to visit every pumpkin farm within a 30 mile radius and enjoy everything it has to offer. I want a red nose and to see my breath appear in the air. I want to see the leaves turn. 

I realize with the beginning of a new season, I have opportunities . I feel like I have the opportunity to redecorate my house...organize my cabinets and closets...clean every square inch so my home can be as new as the season. I feel like its time for new hobbies, time to finally wipe the dust off my sewing machine and start doing what I love. Its time to write and finally consider becoming more serious about what I can do with it. I feel like its time to teach Alivia new things...time to let her explore and learn to love all the things I love about fall.  I feel like its time to invest in my husband, time to remind ourselves of all the reasons we fell in love in the first place. 

Fall is reviving me. Restarting me. I absolutely love it. 
Oh Fall...I've missed you.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

It is so true:) That is the beauty of the four seasons - they give us a kick in the rear to get moving and try something new! That was a lovely post:)

Leanne said...

What a beautiful image. Fall has my heart, too. I don't think I could live anywhere where I don't have four seasons. Today I'm wearing layers in Chicago- I love it. My friend Holt said it is 90 degrees in Austin, Texas today. Blah! Fall is restarting me as well... nice post.

Lindsey Lindstrom said...

Thank you friends!