My photo
I love Jesus Christ and devote my life to following Him. I'm madly in love with my husband jon. I'm the mother of the most perfect babies in the world. I'm a Senior Sales Associate at my beloved Anthropologie. I'm a reader, thinker, lover, believer and traveler. I'd trade in the chicago skyline for the pacific coast any day. i love a good vino. i love my books. i'm creative as creativity goes but always wanted to be a painter. i prefer letter writing over emailing. And I always try to be a kinder person.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Why the "Seven Year Itch" is a big fat lie :)

This is my husband Jonathan.
Seven years ago today, it was our wedding day. I remember waking up after minimal sleep, getting ready with my mom, my sisters and my best friends...going to the chapel at Judson College...and walking down the aisle to marry the man I never thought I could love anymore than I did at that moment. I was so happy...so elated...so over the moon...I had no room for tears, only smiles. There was so so so much joy. It was the best day of my life to date (and that's after two beautiful babies!).

Seven years later, we are more happily married than I could have ever predicted. I love him...more than I could have ever imagined. I married Jonathan because he was my best friend...and now, he's more of a best friend than he ever was. He is my partner, my lover, my laughter, my shoulder, my security. He leads me, he loves me, he cherishes me. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I feel like I don't deserve him, and yet God has blessed me with him!

This is why the "Seven Year Itch" is a big fat lie. I have no itch for change. I have never been more sure of where I am and who I am with in my entire life. My husband is it for me, and I can't wait to spend 100 more years with him (someone will probably figure out how to help us live that long by the time we're old, right?).

Happy Anniversary, my love. Thank you for being all you are.

love, L

No comments: